POSITION : CG Crowds Technical Artist
• Creating crowd simulation to compose realistic movements of crowds using 3D software
• Editing 3D animations for assets, mainly, but not limited to, character models and rigs
• Works with the Animation Supervisor to determine the best possible technical and creative approaches.
• Authors environments in preparation for crowd simulation
• Creates initial layout of crowd agents
• Ability to develop new workflow to enhance and build on the crowd pipeline.
• Adheres to timeliness in meeting milestones and quality assurance.
• Collaborates with creative staff to ensure crowd feasibility within the confines of schedule and budget.
• Creatively enhances material to achieve set standards of performance and complexity.
• Interprets and implements notes and feedback from creative team and clients
• Additional 3D pipeline skills will be utilized where applicable.
• Uphold the core values of Kerosene, respecting our teams diversity, safety and integrity
• Expertise in Maya and CG Crowd production methodology. (Golaem or equivalent)
• Prior experience as a Crowd artist (3+ years of production experience is preferred).
• Ability to rig base crowd models for 3D animation cycles.
• Experience working with crowd kits to create procedural variation in agents.
• Experience with motion capture data, solving and cleaning mocap data, and creating animation cycles.
• Knowledge of Redshift and/or Unreal rendering software is an asset.
• Efficient and detail oriented with in-depth knowledge of the animation process.
• Communicate creative or technical concerns and ideas clearly and concisely.
• Organized and able to work in a time sensitive team based environment.
Please apply with your resume and reel to firstname.lastname@example.org.